Dorco Europe Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Dorco Europe Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07286576 with its registered office at Neville House, 55 Eden Street, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 1BW.
You can contact us by writing to our Data Protection Manager at the address above, or:
By e-mail: email@example.com
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you search for a product, place an order with us, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, personal descriptions and photographs.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and a record of any purchases you make from us;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, fulfilment partners, other business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
The provision of information by you is entirely voluntary. If you do not provide your information it may not be possible for us to provide any goods or services.
Uses made of the information
Processing can take place when it is necessary to perform a contract between you and us, or where we are both taking steps to enter into a contract. It can also take place based on our legitimate interests or those of a third party. A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. There is a limited privacy impact on you, and we think that you will expect that we will process your data in this way. Sometimes processing will take place based on your consent, such as when you give us your clear and express permission to do something with your personal data. Whenever you have given consent you can withdraw it at any time.
We process information about you for the following reasons:
|What we use your personal information for||Our reasons|
|To provide products or services to you and to provide you with the information on the products and services that you request from us||For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract|
|To prevent and detect fraud against you or us||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to minimise fraud that could be damaging for us and for you|
|Ensuring business policies are adhered to, e.g. policies covering security and internet use||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to make sure we are following our own internal procedures so we can deliver the best service to you|
|Operational reasons, such as improving efficiency, training and quality control||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to be as efficient as we can so we can deliver the best service for you at the best price|
|Ensuring the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to protect trade secrets and other commercially valuable information and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations|
|Statistical analysis to help us manage our business, e.g. in relation to our financial performance, customer base, product range or other efficiency measures||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to be as efficient as we can so we can deliver the best service for you.|
|Preventing unauthorised access and modifications to systems||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to prevent and detect criminal activity that could be damaging for us and for you and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations|
|Updating and enhancing customer records||For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, e.g. making sure that we can keep in touch with our customers about existing orders and new products
|Statutory returns||To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations|
|Ensuring safe working practices, staff administration and assessments||To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, e.g. to make sure we are following our own internal procedures and working efficiently so we can deliver the best service to you|
|Marketing our services to:
||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to promote our business to existing and former customers; or where you have given consent|
|External audits and quality checks, e.g. for ISO or Investors in People accreditation and the audit of our accounts||For our legitimate interests or a those of a third party, i.e. to maintain our accreditations so we can demonstrate we operate at the highest standards, and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations|
|To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to promote our business to potential, existing and former customers|
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products and services, including promotions or new products or services. We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above). Where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never share it with other organisations outside our group for marketing purposes. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by contacting our Data Protection Manager.
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
Marketing Permissions Glossary:
When we run competitions or promotions, we may ask you for some personal information when entering. Alongside this, we will provide some data processing permission options, allowing you to be in control of your data and how it is used.
These options include:
- Email. By selecting this option, you are allowing us to contact you on the email address you have provided, regarding some of our promotions, products and news. All emails we send will include an option to review your marketing preferences.
- Customised online advertising. By selecting this option, you are giving us permission to occasionally send you marketing material via multiple email platforms (Gmail), social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) as well as other online advertising platforms. You can manage your preferences at any time be getting in touch with us.
- Post By selecting this option, you are giving us permission to send you direct mail / post about our promotions, products and news. You can manage your preferences at any time be getting in touch with us.
- I do not wish to receive any marketing. By selecting this option, you are informing us that we should never send you any marketing material across any of the above options.
In all instances, your details will never be passed on to any third parties or used for any reasons other than those agreed.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. This includes Dorco Co. Ltd in Korea.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Dorco Europe Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies, and third-party credit reference agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above. We only share information with such service providers if we are happy that they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. Information may be transferred internationally to South Korea and other countries around the world, including those without data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK, for the reasons described above. We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold including those measures detailed in our information security and data protection policies, which are available on request. International data transfers outside the European Economic Area are protected by Standard Contractual Clauses, as per GDPR Article 46(2)(d).
If you would like further information please contact our Data Protection Manager (see above). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your data will be held in accordance with the Company’s retention policy, which is available on request. The length of time that we retain your data can vary significantly, based on the services you have asked us to perform, and our legal obligations. We will keep information while we are providing services to you, and thereafter for as long as is necessary: to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf; to show that we treated you fairly; and to keep records required by law.
You have a number of important rights, which can be exercised free of charge. You have the right to:
- request access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Where you have given consent to any data processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. We will not do anything with your data not outlined in this notice.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Manager in writing (see above), providing enough information to identify you and let us know which information to which your request relates.
If you are not satisfied with any complaint you have with us, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, which is the supervising authority in the UK in relation to data processing. You can contact the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone at 0303 123 1113 for further information about your rights and how to make a formal complaint.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This policy was last updated in June 2019.